Links

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Breakfast Bars

I subscribe to Living Without and try many of their recipes. I love this magazine!

 Last night I attempted to make "Budget Breakfast Bars". It says "Quick, easy and affordable".
Does anyone have a tip on how to make them firm?

This is the second time I have attempted to make B'fast bars and you have to eat them with a spoon!
These had a good flavor, so I am happy to share.

3 Cups gluten-free quick cooking oats
1 Cup unsweetened coconut
2 Cups raisins or cranberries or combination
pinch of salt
3/4 Cup honey
1/4 Cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup vanilla soy milk

1. Preheat oven to 350. Generously grease a 9x13 inch pan.
2. Mix dry ingredients together. Toss with honey and vegetable oil to coat.  Add milk and blend well. Press mixture into prepared pan.
3.Place in preheated oven and bake 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool slightly and cut into squares. Return pan to oven for 10 minutes or until top is golden brown.

If anyone tries this and finds their bars actually were "bars", let me know what you did please.

No comments:

Post a Comment