Links

Monday, October 6, 2014

6/30


when I type that number above, I'm always shocked. I feel like I have been at this for weeks!


Something might be working.  After 5 days I can say I'm down 1 1/2 pounds.
I have been using the bathroom over and over. I would say all the veggies and nuts.


My goal might be 10 pounds. I say that because I have been trying to lose the same 5 pounds for 10 years. So maybe I need to have the goal of 10 pounds and watch from there.


My daughter, Ali gave me a library book to read Food rules an eater's manual.
by Michael Pollan


His first book he said after researching, he felt all he needed to write was EAT FOOD. NOT TO MUCH. MOSTLY PLANTS. but his boss needed more words in a book than that.


In this book he gives us rules to follow. Some of those are:
1) No processed foods
2)Don't eat food that contain ingredients that no ordinary human would keep in the pantry
3)Avoid food products that contain high-fructose corn syrup
4) Avoid food that the top three ingredients is sugar.
5) Avoid food products with "low fat" or Nonfat in the names
6) Avoid foods that are advertised on TV
7) Shopping, stay out of middle, shop along the sides
8) Eat only foods that will eventually rot!
9) Buy your snacks at the Farmers' Market
10) If it came from a Plant, Eat it: if it was made in a Plant, don't.
(oh I hate this one: )11) It's not food if it arrived through the Window of Your Car. Rates
Those are 10 of their 21 rules.


What kind of foods can I eat. It says mostly plants. Treat Meat as a Flavoring or Special Occasion Food. (I could eat meat three times a day!)
Instead of 8 OZ steak and 4 OZ vegetables, serve 4 OZ of Beef and 8 OZ of veggies


Eat your colors


Eat animals that have themselves eaten well.  (Hence the 100% grass fed meats)
(what about this one) Don't eat B'fast cereals that change the color of the milk (I thought all of them did)


I will leave you with one final thought: Avoid Sugary and Starch Foods if your concerned about your weight.















No comments:

Post a Comment